Sunday, 9 December 2007

Stock investment key learning point in 2008 part II

Stock investment needs a cool head. One often get carried away by bull and being swayed by bear. Let me reflect on some of my stock transactions this year.

China Sky and China Lifestyle
I sold off the stocks after 2-3 months of holding early of the year. China lifestyle still struggle to perform. Time is needed for the expansion to bear fruits and then it is poised for re-rating. It is a mistake to let go China Sky which hit as high as 2.3 from my initial buy price of 1.38. Patient is needed for stock to shine.

LC Development
Earn quick money has been every investor/speculator’s dream. I started my position at 0.30 after increased volume and speculation news in the forum. Lucky enough, it went up within a short time. I cashed out at 0.48. Play smart, if you aim for quick profit, get out when you hit the target.

Guthrie GTS
I bought at the peak and still holding. I am more wary of undervalued stock nowdays. Because the undervalued could remain so for a long period of time and I should avoid entering into such situation. Nevertheless, the damage is already done. Pray and hope for the best.

Hotel Grand Central
It might be a good company. But I think I joined the party too late and also leave too late. Buy only if you have genuine interest and you believe the company would do very well.

Hiap Seng
It has good engineering capability and strong alliance. That’s the main reason I bought the stock. However, project always get delayed and over run. I should remind myself not to buy too many project base company.

>> Part 1

0 comments: